WHY CERTIFY YOUR
Why certify then? In general the vehicle certification process should
provide the customer with all or some of the following:
- Assurance that their product or vehicle is
being dealt with by a suitably qualified person or organisation in
an effective manner.
- Assurance the repair, modification or build
will meet statutory and legal requirements and therefore be fit
for the purpose intended. (Through LT400 or LVV
- Assurance that the product or assembly to be
modified or repaired will perform as required, effectively and
without failure. This applies to use or performance of the vehicle
or product within specified limits. Abuse or use of the product /
vehicle outside of imposed or implied limits is not permitted
under any circumstances.
- All necessary work instructions and drawings /
sketches which provide the modifier, manufacturer or repairer with
the required detail to complete the work to the required
- A modified vehicle, repaired vehicle or new-built vehicle,
assembly or product that can be insured if required, subject to
insurance company criteria and stipulations where applicable.
- A means to recourse if the item or items
certified do not perform as